What to expect when visiting OESD: Beginning August 2023, exciting construction plans are underway with our neighbors at West Sound Tech (WST) as they prepare their Career & Technical Education facility for incredible renovations to benefit student learning for years to come.
When & how construction might impact OESD visitors:
- Parking lot adjustments & Reduced parking spaces:
- Parking spaces outlined in photo #1, closest to West Sound Tech (WST) will no longer be available.
- Ingress/egress to the parking lot & OESD building will be limited to the main entrance from National Avenue (by the OESD sign). The front WST lot will be blocked for demolition, construction, and commercial vehicles (no through access). (see photo #2 – blocked area is marked with a red line, OESD ingress/egress marked in green)
- Only on WST non-student days (or for evening events), OESD staff and visitors are welcome to park in the WST south parking lot (marked in green on photo #2).
- Consider carpooling if you are planning to attend a class, training or event.
- When & how long will the construction continue? Phase I (summer 2023-2025) estimating 18-24 months followed by Phase II (if funded, could extend to 2027).
- Other considerations: Be mindful of construction noise, dust, debris, and trucks/commercial vehicle traffic in the parking lots.
- Learn more about the WST construction project at this link: https://www.westsoundtech.org/page/wst-modernization
Thank you for your patience throughout this project. Contact email@example.com or 360-479-0993 with questions.
For directions to OESD, please visit our Directions page here.