About Olympic ESD
Olympic Educational Service District (ESD) is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts, tribal compact schools, and state-approved private schools in Washington State. ESDs function primarily as support agencies and deliver educational services that can be more efficiently or economically performed regionally. ESDs assist the Superintendent of Public Instruction and the State Board of Education in the performance of their duties and provide technical and professional consultation in their liaison capacity between the Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction and local school officials.MISSIONBe an essential partner in public education so that we advance student achievement and learning for all.
Become increasingly indispensable to the school districts and the educational partners we serve.
ORGANIZATIONAL P.R.I.D.E. GOALS
- Provide and promote timely, relevant, research-based services and support.
- Recruit and retain a well-developed, innovative, highly skilled and effective staff.
- Increase two-way communication with school districts, ESDs, OSPI, DCYF, other educational partners, and the communities we serve.
- Demonstrate fiscal responsibility and financial growth, while providing a safe, relevant learning environment.
- Enhance cross-department planning, and seek the most effective and efficient means to provide well-coordinated internal and external support.
Olympic ESD is governed by a seven-member board, elected by local school directors. Each board member represents several school districts within the ESD region.
Agency operations are overseen by Gregory J. Lynch, Superintendent.