Olympic ESD Network Services provides a variety of services to school districts, as well as other local governmental agencies such as a fire agencies, and port districts. The department is the primary data and video contact for the K-20 network for greater Olympic Peninsula schools. Network Services provides yearly contract and hourly-rate services. Network Services staff are based in Bremerton, Port Townsend, and Port Angeles.Network
- Local area network infrastructure component installation and support: routers, switches, firewalls.
- Use of protocol analyzers and traffic meters to measure network system health and perform troubleshooting.
- Troubleshooting and maintenance of fiber optic equipment.
- Wireless, with expertise in Ruckus and Ubiquity solutions.
- Software installation and troubleshooting.
- Operating system installation and upgrades.
- PC, Chromebook and Macintosh platforms.
- SBAC, MAP online assessment client software installations.
- Microsoft Windows Server and Linux products supported.
- Basic file and print server support is included in a Network Services contract.
- Applications servers supported include Accelerated Reader, Destiny library software; Success Maker, Microsoft Exchange.
- Needs assessment, configuration, installation, logging services and maintenance. Specializing in Fortinet,solutions.
Network Tech Staff Forums and Technical Training Sessions
- Network Services provides district-wide or school-wide top-down analysis of network, server, and desktop infrastructure, providing a set of written recommendations for growth and restructuring.
- Network Services provides technology forums and technical training sessions periodically throughout the school year. These are held on a variety of subjects which are primarily targeted toward a field-level technical support level. Past subjects covered have been wireless networking, server technologies, firewalls, security, and student data access.