Common Core State StandardsRegional Mathematics Workgroup2012-2013 Members are encouraged to return to continue to build your knowledge and skills.New members are welcome!Overview:
In an effort to re-design professional learning experiences to align with research and best practices, this workgroup is one of several supports for schools and districts that will be offered by Olympic ESD over the three year standards transition period. Contact any of the Mathematics Department staff for information on other supports we offer.
Participants will gain an understanding of the statewide implementation plan and support work, and enhance their leadership skills and content knowledge. By working together across the region we can build a mathematics Common Core leadership network and increase leadership capacity of our schools, districts and region.
Audience:School and district level mathematics teacher leaders and administrators.We recommend that districts send a team that can work together to build district mathematics leadership and support district implementation efforts.
- Develop a deep understanding of the of the CCSS Math standards & the new SmarterBalanced Assessments.
- Understand the role of the building and district team leadership in supporting the implementation of the new standards.
- Develop a strong vision of the strong connections between CCSS Math and the new teacher principal evaluation criteria and instructional frameworks.
- Share, find and create resources with other district math leaders in the region.
Cost: Free to district/school teams of two or more2013-2014 Meeting Agenda:A.M. (Administrators & Principals encouraged to attend)
- Deep focus on the 3 Shifts in Mathematics: Focus, Coherence & Rigor
- Leadership learning & Team Planning Time
- Regional Lesson Study: CCSS alignment in lesson design and classroom practice
For More Information on How
to Participate Please Contact:
Leadership Building for
Collaborative Learning2013-2014Workgroup Meeting DatesClallam/JeffersonAll meetings are 9:00 am to 3:00 pm at the North Olympic Skills Center in Port Angeles.Oct 4, 2013Dec 6, 2013Feb 7, 2014Apr 11, 2014Jun 6, 2014Kitsap/MasonAll meetings are 9:00 am to 3:00 pm at Olympic ESD in Bremerton.Oct 4, 2013Dec 5 or 6, 2013Feb 7 or 10, 2014Apr 10 or 11, 2014Jun 3 or 6, 2014
Special Invitation For All Building Principals!Join us in the morning of the workgroup sessions to increase your understanding of the 3 Shifts in the CCSS Mathematics and to consider implementation strategies during Team Planning Time.