A partnership between the Olympic ESD, Peninsula College, Western Washington University, and the Chimacum, North Mason, Quillayute Valley, Port Townsend and Sequim School Districts.
The Olympic Mathematics and Science Partnership (OMSP) is an initiative bringing together partners from higher education, local school districts, and OESD 114 to focus on improving Mathematics and Science Instruction for K-12 students on the Olympic Peninsula. Our goal is to build knowledge and capacity within our region to understand and answer the twin challenges of teaching and leadership in our school systems.
ActivitiesProject Management Team Meetings
Leadership Support Meetings
- To provide input and guidance to the direction of the OMSP project, analyze data, support evaluation process, provide a critical communication platform for project leaders
Professional Learning Communities
- To support teacher leaders working with teacher teams. Increase knowledge and skills for effective professional collaborations. Share evidence of learning with colleagues
Regional Professional Development
- Teams work through the Professional Teaching and Learning Cycle (3 times) to improve instructional practice
PLC Local Visits/Technical Support
- To increase teacher knowledge and skills for implementing the 5 key strategies of Assessment for Learning.
- To support teacher leaders in planning for PLC activity/ disseminate grant information/ coordinate PLC activity
OMSP Summer Conference Participants
To access an archive of OMSP meetings and professional development please visit our OMSP Moodle site.
To access our resources in support of Assessment for Learning, please visit our OESD Professional Development Moodle site.