Student Assistance Prevention & Intervention Program Services
The Student Services Center, operated by the Olympic Educational Service District, places Student Assistance Professionals in secondary schools to provide counseling and case management support for vulnerable youth.
Student Assistance Professionals provide counseling support, case management, academic coaching and referral to students:
- Who are at risk of dropping out of school;
- Significantly impacted by alcohol, tobacco and drug (ATOD) use/abuse;
- Youth in need of assistance to successfully transition from incarceration back to school and/or community.
In addition, Student Assistance Professionals facilitate can building awareness events and student leadership activities to promote a school climate of non use.
- Students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to resist pressures to use alcohol, tobacco and other drugs,
- Reduce the substance use for which they were referred
- Gain skills and attitudes necessary to be successful in school and in their community (i.e. employable and productive citizens)
- Grades and attendance improve; thus reducing drop out rates.