Pathways to Success is
a completely free program designed to help eligible young adults, ages 16-24, explore and reach their educational and employment goals in Kitsap, Jefferson, and Clallam Counties.
Our mission is to:
Pathways to Success is federally funded through the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act.The program is contracted through the Olympic Educational Service District #114 and housed withinKitsap, Jefferson and Clallam WorkSource offices.
- Provide young adults in our community with individualized opportunities to acquire the necessary skills to build their futures through education, job training, and career development.
- Provide employers with committed, responsible, and productive workers.
What Pathways Can do for You:
- Help you to choose a career path, not just find a job!
- Guide you to academic support, tutoring, college admission, financial aid assistance, and training opportunities
- Help you finish high school or obtain an equivalent degree and acquire job skills for entry into the labor market.
- Assist you in developing positive work habits. Mentoring and counseling designed to help you achieve success.
- Gain skills and explore careers through paid and unpaid work experiences...and more!
Program HistoryKitsap County Youth Services Program has been in existence for the past 19 years in different forms. For 18 years it was referred to as Job Training Partnership Agreement (JTPA) and was operated by Sound Institute. Between July 2001 and June 2015 it is known as the WIA Youth Program. Today the Pathways to Success Youth WIOA Youth Program is operated by OESD 114. The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) was signed into law on July 22, 2014 and is the first legislative reform of the public workforce system in 16 years.