How to Request Clock Hours for Your Training
A clock hour proposal must be submitted to OESD via the pdEnroller Clock Hour Proposal System,
and OESD must approve it PRIOR to the beginning of any training
per the Washington Administrative Code (WAC 181-85-205).
Clock Hour Proposals are submitted online via pdEnroller.
Contact Angela Wageman if you require proposal system access.
To provide clock hours, the in-service offering must be at least one (1) hours WAC 181-85-030 (6). One (1) clock hour may be assigned for each 60 minutes of approved in-service offering. This can include “reasonable” time for break and passing time. The clock hour provider can determine what is reasonable.
Clock Hours MAY NOT be offered for:
- Routine staff meetings to discuss or explain operational policies or administrative practices within the agency, district, or building
- Business meetings of professional associations to discuss operational policies or practices of the association
- Social hours or actual meal time
Content of Trainings
Offerings (must relate to one or more of the following): WAC 181-85-200(5)
- Opportunities to collect and analyze evidence related to student learning
- Professional certification standards
- School and district improvement efforts
- K—12 standards and curriculum alignment
- Current or anticipated research based instructional strategies and assessment practices
- Building a collaborative learning community
- Advocacy for students, leadership, supervision, mentoring/coaching
Instructor Qualifications WAC 181-85-200(2):
- All in-service education instructors shall have academic and/or professional experience which specifically qualifies them to conduct the in-service education program (e.g. a person with expertise in a particular subject, field, or occupation)
- Event registration materials and/or agenda/conference programs need to provide a short description of the qualifications of each instructor
- In-service education instructors will be responsible for and must ensure collection of sign-in sheets and evaluations
Materials (for each offering): WAC 181-85-200(2)(4)
- Agenda must have dates and times of each presentation and content and outcomes clearly articulated
- Agenda must have the names and a short description of qualifications of each instructor. e.g. degrees and current professional position
- Program materials available to ALL attendees
- Sign-in sheet for attendees
- Event evaluation completed by participants
If courses are not approved as clock hours prior to holding them, the rules do not allow for courses to be approved retro-actively. Courses cannot be offered for clock hours prior to approval date.